About Us

The Hornsby War Memorial Hall Committee Incorporated is an autonomous body formed to administer the maintenance and booking of the Hornsby War Memorial Hall. We are a not for profit organisation. The HWMH is retained and managed by the HWMHC Inc. The committee was initially formed in 1943 to raise the funds for the HWMH’s construction. The foundation stone was laid Anzac Day 1955. The HWMH was officially opened by Lieutenant General Sir Eric Woodward on the 8 December 1962. The Youth Club in the Gymnasium opened in 1959. The Youth club has over 500 youth members.  The HWMH has been a prominent feature of Hornsby’s CBD for 50 years. The HWMH was rededicated on 8 December 2012 by the Governor Professor Marie Bashir. The HWMH enjoys a regional heritage listing and is home to the Hornsby RSL Sub-Branch.

Our Responsibilty

To maintain and administer the operations of the Hornsby War Memorial Hall whilst providing a home for the Hornsby RSL Sub-Branch and the Hornsby RSL Youth Club. Special consideration is given to local community and service organizations for hall use. The HWMH is also used during local emergencies such as bush fires or major rail/road closures.

In the past ten years, as a non-profit organization, the HWMHC has donated over $85,000 directly to returned service member and local organizations. And approximate $250,000 in services has also been donated during this same time period.

Recipients include

Australian Air League, Hornsby RSL Chapter

Hornsby RSL Pipe Band

Hornsby RSL Sub-Branch

Hornsby RSL Youth Club

Hornsby & District TPI Social & Welfare Club